My friend’s little girl turned one and I wanted to create something special for her and when I saw this Unicorn pillow with free pattern I had to give it a go. Especially as Kim said it took her two naps to make!
You will need:
Now I decided to do a pink Unicorn rather than a white one so I slightly altered the supplies.
- Free printable pattern (See the above link)
- Pink Fleece (Instead of white)
- (1) 13″ x 13″ piece
- (2) 9″ x 13″ pieces
- Extra piece for ears and horn
- Fleece scraps in a variety of colors for mane and flowers
(I used hobby craft’s A4 pieces felt pieces)
- Gold fabric scrap for unicorn horn
- Black felt
- Glitter fabric scrap for inside of ears (I recommend getting a thicker fabric as I purchased thin gold shiny fabric and had to not use it as it kept fraying away)
- Gold and black embroidery floss
- 12″ x 12″ square pillow form
- Small piece of Wonder Under for eyelashes
Kim’s steps were so easy to follow and her pictures were so wonderful and clear.
If you wanted to give it a go then definitely head to her page using the above link.
Here are some of the pictures I captured along the way of Marlowe’s pillow coming to life.
I found this not too fiddly to make, the eyelashes were probably the hardest part (except for my gold fabric for the ears fraying but I decided to just scrap them). The flowers were so easy to make and make a great addition to the pillow. I just love how soft and colourful it is. Although it didn’t quite take me two naps, it wasn’t as time consuming as I thought it may be. I am so happy with how it turned out and my friend’s little girl loved it!