For my first baking video I started off easily with a Waitrose Gingerbread reindeer kit.
Perfect for a quick and easy but delicious bake whilst your newborn naps.
Handy Links for what you will need:
– Gingerbread reindeer kit £5.25 from Waitrose
-Cooling wire rack
-Small bowl suitable for the microwave
STEPS: (Instructions are on the back of the packet to refer back to)
I always find it handy to get all my equipment out ready before I begin to make the best use of my time and make baking efficient and quick
-Preheat the oven to 180 C/ fan 160C).
1.Remove the sachets from the carton and empty the sachet of gingerbread powder mix into a suitable size mixing bowl.
2.Take 40g butter and 1x 60g sachet of Golden syrup and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir with a teaspoon
3. Mix both the dry mix, butter and syrup together with a wooden spoon, and knead lightly to form a soft smooth dough.
4.Using a small amount of flour for dusting, roll out the gingerbread onto a flat surface (5mm). Using the cutter provided, cut out the shapes, re-roll the dough until all the dough is used up.
5. Place the cut pieces onto a lined baking tray
-Taking care to keep them flat and not touching.
6. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. When baked and lightly brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
7. Take the tubes of icing (knead the tubes to soften the icing if cold) and use to decorate the reindeer as shown, and also to secure the reindeer’s nose in place.
Hope you enjoy the Baking DIY and if you create it make sure to share with my hashtag on instagram #Mondaymakes